Slightly off-topic -- trash score RS6000 help!

Subject: Slightly off-topic -- trash score RS6000 help!
From: Nathan A. McQuillen (nm@steaky.dhs.org)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 21:20:18 MST

Hey folks --

Well, I guess this is Halloween for you. I just found an RS6000 MLB in the
trash -- I suppose my upstairs neighbor (who has a little, windows-only
computer business) threw it away 'cause it won't run WinME.

If anybody could give me a little help, I am basically starting from
scratch on this critter -- need P/S, info on whether I can use a PS/2
style mouse and keyboard, whether and how I can get video (doesn't look
like it's got a video port) and some ideas on how to talk to it until I
can get it configured.

There doesn't seem to be an RS/6000 hardware FAQ easily accessible, at
least Google doesn't find one, but from what i can gather, it's probably
at least in the same family as the 43P Model 150 -- 375 MHz PPC 604e, 4
DIMM slots, 4 audio ports, one external and two on-board SCSI ports,
parallel, mouse, keyboard, RJ45.

I'd like to get a bit of help at least on whether I can use a
garden-variety PC power supply with the thing -- I really don't feel like
smoke-testing the only workstation board i've ever owned... ;)

Thanks,

Nathan