RE: Root access and X Windows

Subject: RE: Root access and X Windows
From: Bryce Verdier (bverdier@pennnet.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 11:28:07 MDT

Root doesn't have telnet abilities... security reasons.

What you have to do is create another user give them telnet abilities. Use
telnet and the new account to log into the machine and "su" form there.

thanx
b.

 Albert Einstein:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former."