Ethernet card suggestions?

Subject: Ethernet card suggestions?
From: Joe Rice (joe@digitaljustice.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 10:11:18 MDT

Hello -

Wondering if I might get suggestions for solid PCI 100B-T ethernet
cards to use in a 9500 running YDL 1.2 (with Paulus's 2.2.15pre19
kernel) which is running netatalk, among other things.

I had a couple RealTek 8139 based cards around which I tried (an SMC
an a MacSense) and both of those were extremely shaky when Appletalk
was running, complaining of oversized ethernet frames and then
ceasing to respond altogether. The latest rtl8139 driver didn't fix
it, and I'm ready to go get something which I can count on being
reliable out of the box. (the internal 10B-T on the 9500 has been
rock solid)

What's been working for people?

Thanks
Joe