Re: PMUD and Snooze

Subject: Re: PMUD and Snooze
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 13:01:35 MDT

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Jeremy Smith wrote:

> Shame as I can move completely to Linux when this functions ..... which
> leads me to another question. If someone wants to contribute time on any of
> these projects, where do you start. My old Unix experience is a little rusty
> now but I would love to ressurect it for both biz and pleasure.

Start with /usr/src/linux. Joining (and searching) the linuxppc-dev mailing
list is probably a good idea too.

I should note that adding sleep support is a kernel thing, and user space Unix
knowledge will likely be of very little use. Operating systems programming
experience otoh would be extremely useful.

If you mean "any project at all" (not just "sleep on iBook"), generally you
grab some source, hop on a mailing list, and start coding and chatting (code
is always more appreciated than chatting of course ;).

Good luck...

-Hollis