RAID hardware

Subject: RAID hardware
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 13:39:55 MDT

Greetings,

 I've been looking all over the place trying to find some reasonable RAID
hardware with limited success. Basically, I'm looking for an external box
that does all the RAID control so that I can simply hook into it via SCSI.
Redundant PowerSupply and hotswap drives, and storage space for about 72
GB.

 Is anyone here using such a device, or have one that they could
recommend? I've tried a couple of the usual places, including Compaq which
has some of the worst www pages for trying to get real facts and not
marketing fluff.

 Any info is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada