Re: SSH long delay on login

Subject: Re: SSH long delay on login
From: Thomas T. Soares (ttsoares@orion.ufrgs.br)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 20:51:16 MDT

rgp systems wrote:

> I discovered the problem is related to my installing a second NIC. With just
> one NIC active the problem doesn't happen.
>
> I'm very confused about how to configure this correctly. Used Linuxconf,
> netcfg, and did it by hand with ifconfig and route.
>
> I'll have to go over all my network settings step-by-step and see if I can
> figure it out.

I have been following your thread about this stuff and reading this
message
  I realized that my situation is exactly the same...!

  My solution was the use os webmin with the ssh plugin. With this I can
  connect via port 443 (SSL) in the webmin server and then I do a ssh
  called by webmin...

Now, with this your idea I will do a test by dropping the second
interface logically (ifconfig eth0 down) if still dont work will remove
the card
from the system... will report my conclusions soon.

Mean while, let me know your conclusions.

Best
                                        Thomas.

--