Re: RAID hardware

Subject: Re: RAID hardware
From: goo (goo@radek.org)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 09:44:25 MDT

> Call ProDirect Inc. 1800-524-9952

I have to say this... Once upon a time, I bought a drive from ProDirect
because it looked like an exceptionally good deal. Problem was, ProDirect
had misrepresented the specs of the drive to be far better than the
manufacturer's own specs. They wouldn't admit to any wrongdoing, and
wouldn't remedy the situation (e.g., by allowing me to return the drive for
a refund), so I had to dispute the charge through my credit card company. I
ended up with a free drive, in the end, but that's beside the point.

If you're going to buy a drive of any kind, buy it from someplace reputable
with prices just as good -- I've always had good experiences with MegaHaus
(www.megahaus.com).

> I recently picked up a Harware RAID level 5 box that hooks up just
> like any external drive would.

goo

p.s. I'm not affiliated with MegaHaus in any way other than being a
satisfied customer.