Re: Installation problem

Subject: Re: Installation problem
From: Joe Stewart (joerex@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 10:39:43 MDT

on 9/7/00 5:27 PM, Bryan Stillwell at bstill@terraplex.com wrote:

> Have you tried using a different computer to install YDL 1.2 on the G4
> MP's harddrive, updating the kernel to 2.2.17-0.6.1, and then putting it
> back in the G4 MP? If you have the resources available to do it, you
> might want to try it out. I wasn't able to get both processors working
> on the dual G4 that we had here for a while, but you should be able to
> get one of them working by booting the newer kernel.
>
> Bryan

An interesting solution, but the only other Mac we have here that i could do
that with is serving our mail, dns, and httpd. Maybe i'll try it out late
one of these nights.

Being a Linux newbie, who just barely survived setting up a beige G3 w/BootX
as a DNS, web, and mail server...I don't know how to upgrade the kernel. If
you could give me some direction I would be greatful.

Joe