powerbook + vnc?

Subject: powerbook + vnc?
From: Matthew Weinstein (weinstein@macalester.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 13:24:07 MDT

Dear yellow dogs,

I'm running ydl on my wallstreet powerbook. Trying to set up vnc properly
on it. It runs ok, I get it up with wmaker. But for some reason no tcl-tk
scripts seem to run... If I type wish, or try to run any of the
control-panel apps they all come back with something like (now I'm back in
mac os so can't give exact error message) can't find color black. Anyone
have any ideas about how to get the X server running with the right config
so that these apps work? (also can't seem to run lyx on it... ???? any
ideas?)

Matthew Weinstein

Matthew Weinstein
Director of Secondary Education