Re: Pismo woes...

Subject: Re: Pismo woes...
From: Josh Davidson (josdav@tfn.net)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 14:09:50 MDT

Hi,

you can actually create the fstab file on your first boot. when it
complains about no fstab, it asks you to enter your root password to get
to a shell...

then type mount / -o remount,rw -n

to remount the root filesystem read-write.

then, pico /etc/fstab
the fstab should look like:

#device mount fs options x y
/dev/hdaX / ext2 defaults 0 0
/dev/hde /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto 0 0
/dev/hdaY swap swap sw

where hdaX is your root partition, hdaY is your swap partition.

hth,
--josh

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Jonathan Bertsch wrote:

> Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 15:28:02 -0400
> From: Jonathan Bertsch <bertsch.13@osu.edu>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
> Subject: Pismo woes...
>
> I took a break on installing Linux on my Powerbook, I've been at it for a month or
> so....
>
> Anyway, my problem is the fstab file not being created during the install. I have
> gotten different advice, but I still don't have it done(maybe someone has done it an
> lives in the Columbus, OH area??). One sugestion was to hit control-z sometime during
> the install, which would drop you into a shell and enable you to manually creat an
> fstab file. My problem is I don't know when to hit control-z. I am really stuck, and
> any help is allways apreciated.

// josh davidson
// graphic design for web and print
// php,c,c++,pascal programming