Sound problems

Subject: Sound problems
From: Chuck (chuck@mikechuck.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 15:05:49 MDT

I just started trying to set up sound on my 7200 running CS1.2, and I'm having
some problems. I added the "alias sound dmasound" line to my /etc/conf.modules
file, and lsmod seems to be showing everything set up right, but I still can't
get sound to work correctly. The only sound I can ever get is the beeps when I
start esd. None of the sounds work in gnome, I can't get CDs to play, play and
esdplay don't do anything. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help in
advance.