Re: mySQL installation

Subject: Re: mySQL installation
From: Darron Froese (darron@froese.org)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 13:45:31 MDT

on 9/11/00 1:32 PM, Gawain Reifsnyder at gawain@guitar.net wrote:

> I've been having some problems getting mySQL version 3.23.24-beta to
> install properly on YDL. I'm on a PowerComputing PowerTower 200e with
> 144MB of RAM.
>
> Rather than just randomly trying different versions until I find one
> that works, can anybody tell me which versions they've gotten to work
> successfully with YDL, and whether they used the rpms or the source?
> I'm specifically wanting to use th package with PHP.

I've used the current MySQL 3.22.32 without any problems. Compiling it from
source is pretty easy - here's my configure line:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql \
--with-libwrap \
--disable-large-files

NOTE: The disable large files line is important on the PowerPC - it's not
needed on other architectures.

--
Darron
darron@froese.org