Re: bandwidth throttle?

Subject: Re: bandwidth throttle?
From: Nathaniel Irons (beppo@bumppo.net)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 23:22:52 MDT

On 9/11/00 at 11:24 AM, minfrin@sharp.fm (Graham Leggett) wrote:

> Check out the advanced routing HOWTO at
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO.html.
>
> It details some info on how to prioritise your traffic.

This looks pretty compelling - none of the other options appear viable,
for various reasons - but I gather iptables is a 2.4.0 thing. I was
planning on keeping a good distance behind this particular bleeding
edge, Airport support about as far as I was planning to go.

What's the word on 2.4.0 on ppc? I haven't been following its progress
very closely, and I could only turn up three mentions of iptables on the
YDL/Linuxppc/Debian lists, all questions about getting it to work.

Thanks Graham, Stefan, and Bryan.

  -nat