Installing PHP4 -- Stumped...

Subject: Installing PHP4 -- Stumped...
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 00:06:16 MDT

I've just finished installing PHP4, including a recompile of Apache.
I followed the instructions from the PHP web site pretty closely and
Apache is complaining at startup:

"Syntax error at line 208 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule' , perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the server configuration"

Line 208 in this case refers to the first "LoadModule" line of the
httpd.conf file. I tried commenting out several successive lines, but
the error just moved down to the next line, 209, 210, 211 etc...

I think what I have here is a slightly more fundamental problem, but
as a newbie, I'm not sure what it is...

A little more info...

In my ./configure line for apache, I specified:

./configure --prefix=/home/httpd --with-layout=RedHat
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a

(this is AFTER configuring the PHP part of the install of course)

I did this (--with-layout=RedHat) in order to keep the locations of
files essentially as they are in my PPC YellowDog Linux 1.2 setup.

Where has my little train gone off the tracks?

Best regards,

Gawain Reifsnyder
Guitar.net, Inc.
http://guitar.net