Re: yellowdog-general Digest 11 Sep 2000 22:34:50 -0000 Issue 240

Subject: Re: yellowdog-general Digest 11 Sep 2000 22:34:50 -0000 Issue 240
From: Kenneth Ingham (ingham@i-pi.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 09:09:25 MDT

> Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:23:59 -0400
> From: Tommy Young <tommyyoung@mac.com>
> To: <yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com>
> Subject: Re: CS 1.2 crashes regularly
>
> I am just guessing on this but maybe you have a band memory unit, try
> removing them one by one
> Tommy

No help. I removed each SIMM (there were 3) and was able to crash
it each time. I found a fast way to crash the system: start compiling
OpenSSL in one virtual terminal and do a dmesg | less in another.
I am not sure that this means anything special though. Is there any
form of memory diagnostics I can run, either MacOS or Linux?

Or, should I just ditch this machine and get an Intel architecture
machine?

Kenneth