Installing YDL on Dual500 G4, Please Help

Subject: Installing YDL on Dual500 G4, Please Help
From: Joshua Gitlin (jnet@brandeis.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 14:09:17 MDT

Hello Everyone,
        I am new to this list (and new to Linux on Mac) so please
bear with me. Thanks. :) I burned the image of YDL CS 1.2, and then I
booted from the CD (by holding the C key). Linux got as far as my
SCSI drivers, whereupon I got the message "SCSI : Aborting command
due to timeout. PID 0 SCSI0 Channel 0 ID 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00
00 00". the message appeared twice, and then the system appeared to
hang. I left it alone for 10 minutes, no change. I left the room for
another 5 minutes and returned to find a puke-green screen. Nothing
else. Can anyone help? Thanks.

        -Josh Gitlin