Re: Installing YDL on Dual500 G4, Please Help

Subject: Re: Installing YDL on Dual500 G4, Please Help
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 14:25:48 MDT

Hi Josh,

 Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the default kernel of YDL CS1.2
doesn't support the GigEth machines yet (but it should really soon). There
is a way to get it installed with an updated kernel, but it is a hack.
Check the archives of this list, cause there have been a couple of posts
on how to do it. If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll forward
some other posts on how to do it.

BTW, MacOSX Server doesn't boot on these machines either.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Joshua Gitlin wrote: > I am new to this list (and new to Linux on Mac) so please >bear with me. Thanks. :) I burned the image of YDL CS 1.2, and then I >booted from the CD (by holding the C key). Linux got as far as my >SCSI drivers, whereupon I got the message "SCSI : Aborting command >due to timeout. PID 0 SCSI0 Channel 0 ID 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 >00 00". the message appeared twice, and then the system appeared to >hang. I left it alone for 10 minutes, no change. I left the room for >another 5 minutes and returned to find a puke-green screen. Nothing >else. Can anyone help? Thanks. > > -Josh Gitlin >