BIG BAD error message...

Subject: BIG BAD error message...
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 11:22:44 MDT

I've been having some problems on a Power Computing PowerTower 200e.
I've got a couple of internal SCSI drives and I'm using bootX to
start the second Micropolis drive which is my YDL partition.

I've had some intermittent problems, and just now got this message
when trying to load a 210MB gzipped file from a CD-ROM:

--

kernel panic: kernel access of bad area pc0007bfc lr c0007bf4 address 2000000E tsk /10 In interrupt handler - not syncing

--

The message appeared when trying to transfer the file to the Linux machine with ftp, and then again when I tried to load the file from the CD-ROM.

I've reformatted this disk a few times before and checked it for bad blocks. Prior to the Big Crash the machine reported a clean file system at startup.

I had this message appear once before when trying to run a 'make' with the mySQL installer.

After running fsck at the next startup, everything seems OK for a while, (that is until I try copying the file again)

Is this the drive causing this or the file? Is there something I can do about it?

Best regards,

Gawain Reifsnyder Guitar.net, Inc. http://guitar.net