Re: startx on mac powerbook pismo

Subject: Re: startx on mac powerbook pismo
From: Tom Arnold (tarnold@smpllc.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 16:59:53 MDT

Kevin,
Try running /usr/X11R6/bin/Xconfigurator from the Linux command line.
That will step you through a bunch of options to set up your monitor
(assuming you installed all the necessary X stuff).

If your monitor is one of the ones listed, you're in luck I guess. If, like
me, your monitor is *not* one that's listed, you're in for some fun. I
called the tech support line for my monitor and told the guy I needed to
configure for Linux and he actually knew something about it, even though it
was a $100 el cheapo.

Good luck! There's a lot of us in the same boat, I think. I've been
struggling to get Linux working the way I want for the last week. And I've
had some Unix experience, though that was 11 yrs ago... I've been using Macs
exclusively since then.

---
Tom Arnold
Managing Partner