Modem woes for newbie

Subject: Modem woes for newbie
From: Justin Krause (jmk@kingcon.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 21:12:53 MDT

Newbie to linux and have installed CS 1.2 on a legacy G3 233 minitower.
I have gotten both X and MOL up and running but I can't figure how to
configure my modem. Does CS 1.2 support the Apple /GV 56 k? I have tried
to detect it in X but it only locks up completely and forces me to
manually power off and restart. I've just gotten some info on
configuring MOL to be able to use PPP in Mac OS but I haven't tried that
yet. I'd really like to be able to use linux to get online. Any help
greatly appreciated.