imaclinux project needs help (better docs for you) :)

Subject: imaclinux project needs help (better docs for you) :)
From: John Buswell (johnb@one.net)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 17:41:38 MDT

Hi,

I know a lot of YDL users used the old imaclinux site for kernel images,
howto documents and general iMac support. For the past year, the site has
been lacking lots of new howtos and kernels, mainly because I have been
working (40hrs+ a week along with 36hrs a week of college). However, I've
graduated, and back in the USA, and more than ready to improve imaclinux
to be THE resource for Linux on the PPC.

I recently ordered a dedicated SDSL connection to host the imaclinux.net
website, this will enable us to provide services and resources to all PPC
users for free. However, rather than running the site on a Intel box, we'd
like to run in on a PPC box, as well as get a new iBook or iMac in to
further development on the desktop.

With that, we are looking for donations, in exchange for some services we
will provide for the lifetime of the project (at least 3 years according
to the SDSL contract I signed) :) With those donations, we plan on
purchasing some new Apple equipment, and launch a new-look site, more
content, weekly kernel builds and more.

You can find out more details at www.imaclinux.net and follow the DONATE
to iMacLinux link on the right. If you donate, and there is something
Linux on the PPC doesn't do, or something you don't know how to do , and
would appriciate a howto let us know, we'll get that howto for you up on
the new site. If you are interested in joining the staff, helping out,
then let us know too.

We will be launching the following sites in addition to imaclinux.net and
ibooklinux.net :

powermaclinux.net
powerbooklinux.net
cubelinux.net
linuxdtp.org
linuxpda.net
linuxcast.org

We need your help, here is a chance to give back to the community!!
We appriciate your time and effort.

Regards

--
John Buswell