Re: Modem woes for newbie

Subject: Re: Modem woes for newbie
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 21:30:34 MDT

#1 put your cs 1.2 install disk back in
mount /dev/cdrom
cd /mnt/cdrom/YellowDog/RPMS
rpm -ivh kppp*

as a user, get a terminal window going.

type kppp&

put in your root password. If you get messages about X,
su root
copy the .Xauthority file from your user login directory to /root's login
directory. exit and try kppp& again.

Use setup in kppp - explore all the options. one of them has a list of
potential modem ports.

Mine is /dev/cua0 its working. your milage may vary.

-Pat