Re: Starting Apache/MySql

Subject: Re: Starting Apache/MySql
From: dG (taveren@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 14:13:23 MDT

Even if you follow the advice in the attachment to this email, (Why does it
come as an attachment? Is it my mailreader, or is the cool thing on the
block to reply to email w/ attachments), you will still need to write an
initilization script (at least according to the man page). I have never
used chkconfig before and cannot be entirely certain on this point.

A good place to start your boot-process reading is
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/tips/Boot-Process-Tips/Boot-Process-Tips-
3.html.

Your /etc/rc.d/init.d/ directory should already have a startup scritpt for
httpd (apache). You should only need to write a script for MySQL. Don't
let it scare you it is not that difficult.

Currently I am at work and don't have the time to give a fuller answer (have
a test I need to study for tonite) but if you email me off-list I will take
a better look at it later.

thanks,

David