OS X PB (was RE: BootX vs Yaboot)

Subject: OS X PB (was RE: BootX vs Yaboot)
From: dG (taveren@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 14:18:44 MDT

Good thing my YDL box only has Mac OS on it for purposes of playing with
MacOnLinux. 8.5 will suffice for now.

> To simplify that message (which is important in areas of such confusion),
> repeat: "New World = yaboot".
>
> If you have an Old World machine you cannot use yaboot. Luckily, BootX
> works just fine. The adventuresome can try miboot, but if you do that
> currently it's pretty hard to recover from installing a bad kernel.
>
> -Hollis

Is anyone successfully dual-booting between OS X Public Beta and YDL? I had
planned on dual-booting my G4 w/ both OS 9.04 (yeah, yaboot city) and YDL
but then started hearing positive stories about X PB that I would like to
start running it. (Actually I really want to tri-boot it w/ NetBSD but Will
take one step at a time)

What horror stories has anyone heard?