Re: Help getting TCP started

Subject: Re: Help getting TCP started
From: dsbelile (dsbelile@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 19:48:42 MDT

when you login as root type: setup and goto system config and un X sendmail
that will not start up the daemon at boot, so you can worry abou that later.
are you even getting an address ? at all ? send me a netstat -nr so i can see
what you have i might be able to help you more. if you cant copy and paste do
this netstat -nr >> netstat.txt and then open nutscrape and copy and paste it.
also in your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 you have a ONBOOT=yes ?
just makeing sure. also send this if you could , your network card type and a
cut and paste of this command: lsmod you should see all modules loaded like so.

[root@scumserv /root]# lsmod
Module Size Used by
rtl8139 12188 1 (autoclean)
[root@scumserv /root]#

you can see im running a realtel card or compatable right now.

you'll get there dude ive been there too.....

chris