Re: ProFTP slow throughput

Subject: Re: ProFTP slow throughput
From: rgp systems (rgp@systame.com)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 19:16:28 MDT

Mr. Vogt, you'll find I cluttered your 'incoming' folder with a few files
while testing; please remove them.

I discovered what the problem is. I was sending a compressed tiff file, and
it appears that the results I had gotten _are_ the fastest speeds attainable
with an uncompressible file. I got the same speeds on your server and on a
server I have through my web hosting company.

So I guess my 48k connection is really only capable of 25 - 32 k throughput
:-P

--
Randy Perry
rgp systems