scsidisk I/O error

Subject: scsidisk I/O error
From: Dustin Beltram (dbeltram@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 13:29:25 MDT

YDL Folks-

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a scsi
problem. I've tried searching the list archives and
can't find any information on this particular error.

I've successfully installed YDL on a 7300
(2 GIG QUANTUM FIREBALL_TM2100S). For the most part,
things are running well. But if I leave the machine
running for more than an hour or two, the following
messages (or some variation thereof) get sent to the
console:

SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 return
code = 8000000
Info fld=0x20b5f2, Current sd08:08: sense key
Recovered Error
scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:08, sector 954684
EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,8)): ext2_readdir:
directory #119062 contains a hole
at offset 0
SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 return
code = 8000000
Info fld=0x276aee, Current sd08:08: sense key
Recovered Error
scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:08, sector 1394232
EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,8)): ext2_readdir:
directory #174142 contains a hole
at offset 0

If I leave the machine up for several days, I'll
accumulate a few of these messages. Upon reboot, fsck
reports that there are errors on /dev/sda8. Usually,
it fixes them on bootup, but occasionally I have to
run fsck manually.

Any thoughts on how to fix this or what the problem
might be? Thanks very much for any info.

Dustin Beltram