Re: Mac Newbie yaboot question

Subject: Re: Mac Newbie yaboot question
From: Jason S. Moore (jsmoore@brain.uccs.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 20:21:31 MDT

AFAIK the Open Firmware can only boot off of HFS partitions(UFS I think
too, like OSX) so you need at least a small HFS partition that contains
your kernel, yaboot.tbxi, and yaboot.conf. then you tell the open firmware
to boot like:

boot hd:x,\yaboot.tbxi

where x is the HFS partiton number, and of course the yaboot.conf file
being setup appropriately. This won't make the change permanent, you can do
that by using a setenv command on the boot variable I think.

Hope this helps,
Jason