Re: [OT] OSX Beta Install on PowerBook G3

Subject: Re: [OT] OSX Beta Install on PowerBook G3
From: Robert Vogt IV (vogt@arborhost.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 08:47:54 MDT

    Sean,

    If you look carefully at the release notes, they indicate the 'original'
PowerBook G3 cannot run OS X - that was the 250Mhz model in the PB3400 case
(yes, the ugly gray thing that cost $5500). It's family number was 3***,
whereas the Wall Street and Main Street models share 4*** (* = something).
Additionally, Apple's own web site indicates which models can run OSX, and
actually pictures my model PB on that page (the 'Getting Started' page - the
famous 'Shark' ad was a 300 Mhz Main Streeter).

    Finally, I ran the installer perfectly on the machine. Since the
installer loads a good portion of the OS's core components, this is further
confirmation that the machine can *RUN* OS X. My problem is simply that of
booting.

                            Sincerely,

                            Robert Vogt IV
                            CEO