Installing Problem

Subject: Installing Problem
From: Som Datye (som@li.is)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 01:35:13 MDT

Hi there,

I'm new to this list, and I'm also new to Linux. I have an 333 MHz, purple
iMac, and I don't think I have to say more about that.

I downloaded the Yellow Dog Linux Image file from the official FTP server
two days ago, and it started all fine. I used the Installation Guide and all
that: I partitioned etc. but when it came to the install process itself
error messages started appearing. They said that they couldn't find any of
those files which were neccesary. All my files were on a FTP server which
I'm positive that works fine. But the thing was that filenames the the
installer wsa trying to find were a whole lot different that the same files
on the Image. For example: let's say the installer is trying to find a file
called "asdf2.0-1.2.2", but on the Image it's called "ASDF2.0". I tried it
out by changing the filename and then it worked. But does this mean I'm
gonna have to change all the names ?

Hope you can help,
Som Datye