Re: Looking for a ppd for the HP Deskjet 1220C

Subject: Re: Looking for a ppd for the HP Deskjet 1220C
From: John Springer (john@digitalmx.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 10:26:43 MDT

on 9/25/00 3:04 PM, Adam at adamhadm@frontiernet.net wrote:

> Unfortunately Adobe does not have a ppd file to down load for free...
> I have to purchase a couple hundred program called Press Ready and
> then through away the program, all just for a simple text file. I
> think that is a bit steep in price....
>
> I have also searched the Internet and found nothing... :(
>
> Adam

Well, the PPD file for the HP 1200 is there and the 1220 is not likely to be
much different. Might need to watch out for the PostScript version that its
written for compared with what interpreter you're actually running. Most of
the stuff in the PPD file is paper handling stuff and built-in font list.

I'm emailing the HP1200 PPD file to you separately.

--
John Springer
   Portland's my home.