Re: Booting off firewire drive

Subject: Re: Booting off firewire drive
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 11:25:25 MDT

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 10:29:23AM -0400, William K. Gibson wrote:

>Sorry if this has been asked before...
>
>Has anyone tried booting YDL off of a Firewire drive? I'm considering
>purchasing one and installing a YDL partition on it. If I was to use bootX,
>would I be able to do this? I could not find any mention of firewire on the
>YDL site.

Last time I was messing around with firewire it was only included in the
2.4 kernels, and firewire drives weren't supported yet. The only
working firewire device is digital video cameras, and someone had
ethernet over ieee1394 as well. If you want to be on the bleeding
edge, check out http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/ for more information.

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.           | Software Engineer
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/   | bstill@terraplex.com