Re: Install of 2.0 a failure

Subject: Re: Install of 2.0 a failure
From: Gavin Hemphill (hemphill@drea.dnd.ca)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 03:00:38 MDT

I just put a new 20GB drive in my Lombard (as you did) and proceeded
with the install with no problems. I first partitioned the disk into
three partitions using drive setup
1) MacOS HFS+ (6GB) (I installed MacOS 9.2.1 on this one before
continuing with the YDL install since the MacOS install screws up boot
partitions for yaboot).
2) MacOS HFS (700MB)
3) Untitled (rest of disk)
I then started the install, got to the partitioning point, deleted the
untitled partition (it was partition 10 in my case) then added in a boot
partition (35MB), a swap partition (512MB), a root partition (6gb) and a
home partition (rest of disk). Setting the mount points worked fine,
and the install proceeded fine from there. You then need to download
the yup update from terrasoft, install it and do a yup update.

There really isn't much point in putting usr and tmp in their own
partitions (for example I've moved /usr/src over to the home partition,
and put a symbolic link in place instead).
        G++