Re: The Black cursor problem

Subject: Re: The Black cursor problem
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 04:13:17 MDT

I guess I need to retract my statement below regarding installation of
some mystery package solving the case of the black cursor. I needed to
boot into Mac OS earlier this evening and when I booted back to Linux
I again had a black console cursor. A bit of digging through news groups
didn't turn up much other than one message that implied this problem is
unique to late 2.2.x kernels and is more or less random.

There are some escape sequences that can be used to manipulate cursor
appearance, but I have not yet found a setting that results in a simple
white cursor. See

http://groups.google.com/groups?q="%5B%3F17%3B0:64c"&hl=en&safe=off&rnum=1&selm=92rak2%24h8b%241%40news1.Radix.Net

for a more information.

Jim

Jim Cole's bits of Sat, 1 Sep 2001 translated to: