Re: XFree86 4.0.2 *slower* than 3.3.6?

Subject: Re: XFree86 4.0.2 *slower* than 3.3.6?
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 23:35:50 MDT

Paul J. Lucas's bits of Sun, 2 Sep 2001 translated to:

> So what's the deal? Anybody out there running XFree86 4.x on a
> Lombard Powerbook with it faster? (Use the "ifs" screensaver as
> a test -- you'll know if it's slow.)

For my day to day tasks, X performance never seemed to be a problem, but
my needs have always been quite modest. However, I expect I am seeing the
same as you when running the ifs screensaver (xlock -mode ifs). It is at
least a couple orders of magnitude slower on my PowerBook as compared to
my G4 500.

Jim