Re: Install of 2.0 a failure

Subject: Re: Install of 2.0 a failure
From: George Mogiljansky (mogiljan@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 08:32:18 MDT

Hello all,

Allow me to piggyback the subject; on a beige Rev.1
desktop 233 MHz with 768MB Ram, using the XBoot
Installer, I get a freeze when the Linux dialogue box
shows up during boot-up (using 9.2.1, can try 8.6,
etc.).

If anyone has installed YD 2.0 on an Old World G3
PowerMac, please send the the extensions in use, where
they are in the System Folder, order of loading
(i.e. where is the XBoot extension - the one with the
big black dot in front?), etc.

Also, do any of these three Apple extensions play any
role - Classic Support UI 1.3.1 (780Kb), Classic
(3.8MB), and Classic Support 1.3.3 (240Kb) ?
I also had the ram memory test disabled during
start-up but going back to default setting didn't
prevent the freeze-up.

Any advice appreciated, incl. a help file for "Old
World G3 Macs" much appreciated.
Cheers from Montreal,
George

=====