Re: Install of 2.0 a failure

Subject: Re: Install of 2.0 a failure
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 11:40:51 MDT

on 9/2/01 7:29 PM, Dan Burcaw at dburcaw@terraplex.com wrote:

> We tested numerous times on Lombards. I don't imagine you'd
> be willing to try to reproduce this, but any details about how
> this occured would be appreciated. The only installer seg faults I've seen
> involved strange or bad hardware (e.g. a really rare SCSI card) but since
> this doesn't seem to be the issue on your box, I am curious. See below.

Actually - I had it happen where I had chosen "unallocated" with apple's
disk tool - selecting the "linux home" and then later deleting the partition
then reselecting it and choosing it as a ext2 in the installer's partition
section stopped it from happening.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com