No Networking :-(

Subject: No Networking :-(
From: David Wheeler (David@Wheeler.net)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 13:47:26 MDT

Hi All,

I had everything working pretty well with YDL 2.0 on my G4 PowerBook, but
something happened and I lost all network connectivity. I can connect in
Mac OS, so I know the hardward is fine. Here's the error I get when I
restart the network:

   eth0 WARNING ! Cant' find PHY

So, what's a PHY and how do I get one (back)?

I've tried to get AirPort to work, and then I tried upgrading to the
2.4.4. kernel on the CD, but to no avail -- I get the same error and no
network connectivity.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394