Autoboot PowerMac G3

Subject: Autoboot PowerMac G3
From: Paul Westbrook (yellowdog@westbrooks.org)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 21:24:47 MDT

Hello,

    I am having a problem getting my Power Mac G3 to auto-boot when
the power is restored after a power failure. I have set the "Restart
after power failure" in the Energy Saver control panel, but that
setting does not seem to make any difference. I don't know if that
is because the bootX extension loads the Energy Saver control panel.

    Is there a setting that I can set from within linux itself?
(Ideally it would be a text based utility, since this mac does not
have a monitor attached to it.)

    I am looking into getting a UPS, but this problem would still
exist if the blackout lasted longer than the battery.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Westbrook