Re: No Networking :-(

Subject: Re: No Networking :-(
From: Brian Waite (bwaite@cspi.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 09:05:39 MDT

The PHY is your ethernet device. It sounds very much like a hardware failure,
but since you can run in Mac OS I guess that is out. Have you downloaded
anything funny lately? Maybe a new ethernet driver. Have you recompiled your
kernel or modules? Have you modified /etc/sysconfig/network? I imagine this
is a configuration problem or a hardware prob. What is the output of:
cat /proc/interrupts
AND
cat /proc/pci

A bit more info and I thinnnk we can get it kicking. :)

Thanks
Brian

--
Brian Waite