Re: No Networking :-(

Subject: Re: No Networking :-(
From: David Wheeler (David@Wheeler.net)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 12:55:38 MDT

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Brian Waite wrote:

> The PHY is your ethernet device. It sounds very much like a hardware failure,
> but since you can run in Mac OS I guess that is out. Have you downloaded
> anything funny lately?

Possibly. I downloaded a bunch of RedCarpet updates from Ximian. Won't do
that again -- not on the Yellow Dog channel, anyway.

> Maybe a new ethernet driver. Have you recompiled your
> kernel or modules?

No.

> Have you modified /etc/sysconfig/network?

No, not till it wasn't working anymore and I tried to get AirPort working.

> I imagine this
> is a configuration problem or a hardware prob. What is the output of:
> cat /proc/interrupts
> AND
> cat /proc/pci
>
> A bit more info and I thinnnk we can get it kicking. :)

I actually gave up. I needed to repartition anyway, so I rebuilt the whole
thing again. I hope I don't have to do that again!

Thanks for the help,

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394