Re: Ethernet trouble

Subject: Re: Ethernet trouble
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 15:16:22 MDT

> I just got a Power Macintosh 6500 with no ethernet card I am going to
> use to run Yellowdog. I went out and got me a Allied Telesyn AT-2500
> PCI ethernet card and got it to run in Mac OS 8.5 after downlaoding the
> drivers from the web. When I tried to run my Yellowdog instalation, it
> tells me it cannot find the ethernet card. I have no idea waht to do?
>
> thanks,
>
> Cesar Delgado

Cesar,

Check this out ...

http://lhd.zdnet.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?269

.. which basically says you need a Realtek driver compiled in to the kernel
(or available as a module). If you fancy building a kernel, you'll find the
option you need in this menu tree:

Network device support
Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit)
RealTek RTL-8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter support

  Iain