Re: Ethernet trouble

Subject: Re: Ethernet trouble
From: Aake Svensson (aakesve@algonet.se)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 15:40:17 MDT

>I just got a Power Macintosh 6500 with no ethernet card I am going to use to
>run Yellowdog. I went out and got me a Allied Telesyn AT-2500 PCI ethernet
>card and got it to run in Mac OS 8.5 after downlaoding the drivers from the
>web. When I tried to run my Yellowdog instalation, it tells me it cannot
>find the ethernet card. I have no idea waht to do?
>
>thanks,
>
>Cesar Delgado

Cesar,

you could try and see what chip the card has and then find the right
driver for it. Try this site:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO.html
from there you could find more, I hope.
When you've found the right driver and installed it
edit /etc/modules.conf and add 'alias "your driver" ', save and type
'ifconfig eth0'. It should then be up and running.

Regards,

Aake Svensson