Re: An even simpler question

Subject: Re: An even simpler question
From: Toufigh Gordi (tgordi@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 06:54:13 MDT

Ok, I have now burned a CD with the file. What do I do
next? I tried to boot from the Cd but it won't work. I
still don't understand how the file, a NScommunicatore
file, would work.

Thanks for your help!

Toufigh
--- Malayil Philip George <georgemp@mac.com> wrote:
> hi,
> you need to burn the iso image on a cd. If you are
> going to use
> toast just choose disc image and drag the image into
> toast and then
> burn. You can then use that cd for installing.
> Don't try opening the
> file etc. It is actually something like a cd-archive
> with all the files
> on the cd in this one file. Just makes burning a
> whole lot easier.
>
> George
>
> On Monday, September 3, 2001, at 04:54 AM, Toufigh
> Gordi wrote:
>
> > OK, after several tries, each lasting several
> hours, I
> > have now the file "pomona-2.0-20010602-install.iso
> "
> > d/loaded from

ftp://ftp.linux.tucows.com/pub/ISO/YellowDog/pomona-2.0-20010602-install.
> > iso
> > on my HD. What do I do next? When I click on the
> file
> > it starts to open as html text, first with general
> > information and then all the "latine". Shoul I
> just
> > copy it to a CD? I can't understand how it will
> work.
> >
> > Toufigh
> >

> > --- Robert Brandtjen <rob@prometheusmedia.com>
> wrote:
> >> on 9/1/01 10:59 AM, Toufigh Gordi at

> >> my
> >> d/l
> know
> >> how
> >> files
> >>

> >> This is the correct address:

ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/iso/pomona-2.0-20010602-install.