Emacs Compile Segfault

Subject: Emacs Compile Segfault
From: David Wheeler (David@Wheeler.net)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 10:54:31 MDT

Hey All,

I've been trying to compile Emacs 20.7 on my YDL 2.0 install because I
want the X toolkit support. Trouble is, the sucker segfaults:

./temacs -batch -l loadup dump
make[1]: *** [emacs] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/emacs-20.7/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

I've been working with the Emacs developers to try to figure out what the
problem is. They did point out that there was a problem with the ospeed
variable gettting set to the wrong value (short instead of int), but I've
patched that and the problem remains. I've also applied the emacs-20.7-*
patches from the CD, but it still doesn't work.

Anyone done this before? Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks,

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394