Re: yellowdog-general Digest 5 Sep 2001 12:28:30 -0000 Issue 518

Subject: Re: yellowdog-general Digest 5 Sep 2001 12:28:30 -0000 Issue 518
From: Cesar Delgado (cdelgad2@bigred.unl.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 11:12:43 MDT

>> I just got a Power Macintosh 6500 with no ethernet card I am going to
>> use to run Yellowdog. I went out and got me a Allied Telesyn AT-2500
>> PCI ethernet card and got it to run in Mac OS 8.5 after downlaoding the
>> drivers from the web. When I tried to run my Yellowdog instalation, it
>> tells me it cannot find the ethernet card. I have no idea waht to do?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Cesar Delgado

>Cesar,
>
>Check this out ...
>
>http://lhd.zdnet.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?269
>
>.. which basically says you need a Realtek driver compiled in to the kernel
>(or available as a module). If you fancy building a kernel, you'll find
the
>option you need in this menu tree:
>
>Network device support
>Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit)
>RealTek RTL-8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter support
>

> Iain

Ok, but I can't even install Yellowdog. When I an installing I get to where
I pick what kind of install I want and then it tells me that "No ethernet
card was found" or something of the sort and then it quits on me. If I
could do a basic install and then add the Ethernet stuff it would be great.
I am also havinga problem with my video. WHne I run the Mac OS pasrt my
video is fine, but when I run the installer it seems to think my monitor can
tae a higher refresh rate then it can and I get tons of garbage on the
screen.

Thanks for the help Iain, =)

Cesar