Re: No Networking :-(

Subject: Re: No Networking :-(
From: David Wheeler (David@Wheeler.net)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 13:06:57 MDT

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Gavin Hemphill wrote:

> Ahhh, that gives one more piece of information - in my case the fixed
> address is used when I'm connected directly to our cisco router at work
> and the DHCP address is used when I'm connected to the cable modem at
> home. It looks like it depends on what the ethernet is connected to
> rather than whether its a fixed address or not. I'll try with a fixed
> address at home tonight and see if it fails.

Does anyone else think that this is bizarre? You may be right, Gavin. I'm
connecting to a LinkSys switch here, but the LinkSys is connected to DSL.
Go figure.

Thanks,

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394