Re: Installation woes

Subject: Re: Installation woes
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 14:04:14 MDT

At 2:27 PM -0500 9/5/01, Ben Brush wrote:
>I just
>re-installed OS9.0, followed all the installation steps (using YaBoot), but
>am unable to get the YDL 2.0 setup to mount the cd-rom (burned using Adaptec
>Toast - Mac Files / Folders format). Do I need to use a different format
>(ISO9660?) for the installer to be able to mount the CD?

This is getting to be a FAQ.

The YDL image is a hybrid ISO9660 / HFS filesystem. Do NOT mount it
and then burn the mounted partition using "Mac Files / Folders" or
"Mac Volume". That creates a pure HFS CD with no ISO9660 filesystem.
Burn the image using (what else?) Disk Image mode. It is an image
after all, if you want to create an exact replica of the original CD
you use images the way they are supposed to be used rather than
letting Toast build a new filesystem from scratch...

--
Tim Seufert