Re: Installation woes

Subject: Re: Installation woes
From: Ben Brush (illegal-alien@earthling.net)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 14:51:59 MDT

OK. So, the disk is burnt (ISO-9660 allowing Macintosh names for /yup.db.*
filenames). This CD IS mountable and readable via my YDL1.2 Champion system,
but the YDL2.0 install cannot mount the cd in either of my cd drives. My
internal ZipDrive does have a zipdisk inserted.

** I do not have the options to install via HFS or FTP during the 2.0 Custom
install (which would solve my troubles)... Is there something special needed
to make the FTP option show up in the YDL2.0 Custom setup? I used this
option during 1.2 Champ setup, and it worked great. I also used the HFS
option a few times using 1.2 and that also worked great... these options are
simply not presented to me during 2.0 Custom installation...only Local
CD/DVD. The fresh OS9 install that I am using to boot is setup for
networking, can talk to all machines on my LAN, and get out onto the
internet. Any help greatly appreciated!

-Ben