Re: G4 Video - NVidia / ATI / No SOLUTION?

Subject: Re: G4 Video - NVidia / ATI / No SOLUTION?
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 10:42:00 MDT

Hey Jeff,

  I agree that it is a shame the cards are not better supported, but my
opinion is that the YDL folks should definitely let people know what
hardware is currently supported. True, they might consider making it
clearer that the machine cannot be used a workstation without adding
seperate cards and whatnot, but the info they gave (and you repeated) was
pretty straightforward to me. Also, I am not sure who is heading up driver
development, but maybe you could help out in some way if you have one of
these machines and some expereince programming. As I'm sure you are aware,
Linux is a community-based operating system that depends on its users to
further its development. Maybe this will give you an opportunity to help
develop tools that will make your life easier. Just a thought :) Good luck
with your machine & YDL.

Mike